I know it is a week late, but I wanted you to finally see our Halloween.
Last year's celebrations could not be topped, and sadly I just wasn't really in the mood this year. It has been a busy last few months, and although the house was decorated and we brought books and spider rings to share with Koa's class, I wasn't sure if we'd go trick or treating. But then we got a last minute invite to our old neighborhood and we decided to go. I picked Koa up from school and asked him if he wanted to go trick or treating, uh duh, Mom, totally! I told him we had to search for something to wear. "Do I have to wear a costume?" "Yes, or you get no candy." We went to the closet and he decided, MORE is MORE!

We loaded up in the car, along with all things that could be added to Tasi to be 'dressed up' and headed to Annandale. We couldn't find the group we were supposed to meet up with but on the way we found a neighborhood all ready for Halloween (albeit Australian style - not sure if they want to celebrate an American holiday but a few will hang spider webs on the front of their house and pass out candy!)
First house - cute smile and wings on Tasi! There were a few houses passing out candy on this street, then we loaded in the car to the other street we spotted. It is a bit hit or miss!
Koa snitched a piece of candy on the way, it really is Halloween!
Wings were off so on with the train conductor hat!
Tasi was done, it was about 7, so quick photo with the kids before loading up.
Tasi got one of the goodies from her trick or treating bag - loving that someone gave her My Little Pony crackers instead of candy! The child in Don was not quite satisfied with Koa's loot, so the boys ran up the road to hit a few more houses :)
Last house had a man dressed up with a skeleton head with red eyes, and a little boy nearby saying 'that's really my dad you know'!
So it didn't quite live up to the celebrations last year, but it was our first real trick or treating and Koa said he had the best time ever. My heart was happy and I am so glad we went! Hope you all had a fun Halloween too!






2 comments:
Hahahaha... I never imagined my knight's vest would turn out quite like that. His creativity made it 100x better :)
I have days like that where I'm just not sure who I want to be.
Post a Comment